Thursday, July 25, 2013

Heart Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing

This is my go-to dressing!  I love it best on a salad made with fresh veggies, raisins, diced apples and a few nuts sprinkled on top. Trader Joe's has a broccoli slaw that tastes great as an addition to any salad.
  • 2 t honey
  • 2 t Dijon mustard
  • 1 t red wine vinegar
  • 3-5 shakes of Penzi's Fox Point Seasoning
  • fresh cracked pepper to taste
Microwave the honey for about 10 seconds so that it is easy to whisk it together with the other ingredients.  Taste it and then add more of this or that until you like it!  I mix the dressing in the bowl that I'm going to eat my salad out of so that there is one less dish to clean and I also mix it with the fork that I'll use.  I used to make this with olive oil, but one day I thought I'd just try it without adding the liquid fat and low and behold, it is quite delicious and doesn't change the taste at all!  Hope you also enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment